Poppin’ the Giveaway Cherry
***THE WINNER HAS BEEN RANDOMLY CHOSEN!***
This giveaway is no longer accepting entries. I used random.org to select the comment number of the winner, and the winner is:
Rebecca! (Who likes a Pinot Noir.)
Thanks to those who participated — I wish I could send plant nannies to all of you!
This morning I promised a surprise, so here goes.
Today, I was shocked – shocked – when I went to the Domestiphobia Facebook Page and saw that 100 people like it:
I mean, seriously?
I don’t think I could name 100 people who like me in real life. So the fact that you come to this site and read it and maybe actually even get something out of it from time to time, really – and I mean really – means a lot to me.
It’s a better feeling than successfully making coq au vin. It’s a better feeling than tiling your own backsplash. It’s definitely a better feeling than breathing in capsaicin. And it might even be a better feeling than intentionally falling headfirst out of a Cessna Caravan.
Wait, that’s a lie.
I’m pretty sure there’s no better feeling than jumping out of a plane. Or maybe I should say, there’s no feeling like it.
To celebrate this little milestone (in addition to attending a wine tasting for employees at the bar tonight, because we all know that free wine = good times), I’m doing 2 things:
1) Announcing that Domestiphobia is now on Twitter. I created the account about 3-ish weeks ago and still don’t really know how to use it. But if you’re on Twitter, and you happen to want to “follow” me, it might encourage me to… I don’t know… actually figure out what I’m doing over there.
2) Conducting a giveaway. (Is conducting the right word? Hosting? Having? Doing? I think I’m losing my mind.) That’s right, my friends – I’m going to give something FREE to one lucky commenter.
Just what are you giving away? you might ask. Because I know what you’re probably thinking. You’re probably thinking, I bet she’s giving away a crappy coupon book for free hugs or that old dishwasher she can’t get rid of that’s been sitting in her garage for the past 2 years.
And to that, I say, What the hell is wrong with a coupon book for free hugs?! Seriously – mine usually go for like $5 a pop.
And while I still think the hug thing is an excellent idea – especially because I’d likely get to travel somewhere new and interesting just to deliver said hug – the giveaway is more along the lines of the dishwasher option in the sense that I’m getting rid of something I’ve had sitting in the closet for quite some time and never got around to using.
No, I’m not giving you a bottle of wine. Like one of those would sit in MY closet unused.
Remember when I bought these Plant Nannies to use in my garden? Well, I never opened one of the boxes, and at the rate my last garden was destroyed by termites, I’m thinking it might be a long while before I use them again.
So today I’m giving away my last box of (4) Plant Nannies!
Oh, yikes. That sounded a lot more exciting before I typed it out.
Is this a crappy giveaway? If so, I’m sorry. I’d love to give something more extravagant, but I’m unemployed, people. So you’ll take my ceramic plant feeders and you’ll like ’em.
And you don’t need a garden to use them. In fact, they work great in pots as well, if you just want to try your hand at growing one plant at a time.
See? They make your plants look like winos.
Which is really pretty hilarious.
And if you actually take the time to remove the labels from the wine bottles, it can look quite pretty.
But I think we all know I like to do things half-way. ‘Cause that’s how domestiphobes roll.
So anyway. If you win these totally awesome nannies for your plants (because all nannies should feed their kids wine), you can go get all stinky in your garden and grow some beautiful and/or delicious greens to make your life a little better.
And speaking of stinky readers, maybe that coupon book of hugs wasn’t such a good idea.
The not-so-fine print:
1. I’m really really sorry to my international readers, but Justin will only support me shipping this within the continental U.S. You see, until I’m actually making money, he’s not that thrilled with me giving ours away. Which, dammit – makes sense.
2. To enter, simply leave a comment to this post telling me what kind of wine (if any) you prefer. Chardonnay? Sweet red? Boxed? With some fava beans and a nice chianti? And if you don’t drink wine, why the hell not?? (Allergies, pregnancy, and legal age limit are the only real excuses I can think of.)
3. I will use some type of random comment selector thing to pick the winning comment. All entries must be in by 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, May 18th, 2011. Once the winner is randomly chosen, I will announce it on this page and contact the lucky reader for a shipping address.
4. This box of plant nannies has never been used. I will pack them as cushily as I can, but I am not responsible for any that might break during shipping. If any of them do break, I deeply, sincerely apologize. And I’ll send you a complimentary virtual hug – no matter how stinky you are – to make up for it.