He’s Bringin’ Geeky Back.
You know the kind of guy who’s a total geek, but he’s also a sexy geek?
I’m pretty sure sexy geeks are the new black.
I mean, in elementary school it was all about the kid with the coolest lunch box.
In middle school, it was whoever accidentally touched my hand in line for the drinking fountain.
And in high school it was the jocks.
But now, as an adult, it’s the sexy smart guy, all the way.
(Anyone else have a thing for Bill Nye? No? Just me?)
This is good news, guys. This means that if you’re in decent shape and hygienically aware, you can earn limitless bonus points in the dating pool when it comes to boasting a brainy area of expertise. Computers? Excellent. Nutrition? Got my vote. Aerospace engineer? Well fly me to the frickin’ moon.
And if you can combine the brainy stuff with something arty or sporty, that’s even better. Photography? You’re probably soulful and analytical. Sailing? You combine smart stuff like nautical charts and jibs and riggings with romantic stuff like stars and tides and dolphins, and you probably have beautiful forearms to boot. And we all know that whip-wielding archaeologists are pretty much the sexiest of all of the sexy geeks.
The key is to be confident in your abilities. Confident — not cocky.
And if you know how to cook, that’s just bonus.
If you know how to dice my mango…
Squeeze my lemon…
And… uh… mix my salsa, I’ll probably marry you.
(A nice butt doesn’t hurt, either.)
This sexy geek can handle a knife…
…rock a nerdy shirt (and an I’m-trying-really-hard-to-not-strangle-you face)…
…and mix a mean marinade…
…which totally fans my flame.
Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together the first seven ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil, pepper, and salt) in a plastic bag. Add the thawed tilapia fillets and let marinate in the fridge for an hour. (Don’t marinate much longer than that, because the acid in the lemon juice will start to cook the fish.)
2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl to make the salsa and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat the grill on medium-high heat and oil the grate. Shake off the excess marinade (if it drips, you’ll get that lovely flame pictured above) and grill 2-3 minutes per side until flaky and cooked through. Top with the mango salsa and enjoy!
Original recipe from here.
So what do YOU find most attractive in the opposite sex? (Or the same sex, if that’s how you roll.)
My husband always gets upset when I say my type is nerdy. “But I’m not.” Yeah, whatever babe. Quote me some more Monty Python and say that again with a straight face.
HA! Maybe say “geeky.” I’m pretty sure it’s cooler than nerdy. ;) (Think Clark Kent vs. Weird Al.)
That’s the face I was talking about, the one that says “Take your picture and begone, minion of evil!” In order for that process to be fun for me, I make deliberately goofy faces that (sometimes) deter future attempts. My favorite one is the drink-face. We take a picture of me with a fancy drink every time we travel, and every time I make my “drink-face”. I think it’s hilarious. Her? Not so much.
I think I need to see evidence of this drink face. And then I will tell Achebeyo that she needs to post it on the internet every time you make it. And when are we all going on a trip together??
As soon as we can all coordinate our various crazy schedules. That would be a blast, my friend.
I’m sensing a t-shirt idea… :)